Monday, May 7, 2012

J'adore Paris au printemps!

This spring I had the pleasure of heading to Paris again for a quick 3 day trip.  I must say, it doesn't get much better than strolling through the streets of Paris with the sun beaming down, the flowers in bloom and the cafe's overflowing with locals and tourists alike.  Also, seeing as how this is the place Jay proposed, Paris will always hold a special place in my heart!

For this trip, I decided that I didn't want to spend any time inside any of the fabulous museums throughout the city.  Instead, I wanted to spend my time simply soaking in the Parisian lifestyle and enjoying all it has to offer.  So...I ate alot, shopped alot and walked ALOT!

In my past trips, I always thought it was the funniest thing to see someone walking down the street eating a huge loaf of french bread.  So, since I was trying to soak in the Parisian lifestyle, I had to get me some bread. (and of course some macaroons)

I stopped at the first bakery I saw and ordered the biggest loaf they had.  I was set! I took off strolling down the Champs Elysee on my way to the Eiffel Tower.  When I approached, I was so excited to see the tulips and cherry trees in bloom.  Luckily, I finished my loaf of bread just in time to capture a few shots.                             







I then decided to head over to  St. Germain  for a bit of shopping.  However, I ended up doing more window shopping then anything else.  That US exchange rate gets me every time!  After perusing past the stores on the Rue de Bac, one of my favorite little streets in the area, I decided to head over for a bite to eat at the ever popular Cafe de Flore.  The classic Art Deco interior of all red seating, mahogany and mirrors has changed little since World War II. Like its neighboring cafe, Les Deux Magots, it has hosted a wide array of the French intellectuals.

                       
After lunch I took a nice relaxing stroll along the Seine, stopping only to people watch and to grab a nutella crepe!  (which are my absolute fave!!!)  Below are a few of the shots I took as night fell over The City of Lights.

Louvre Museum
Pont Alexandre III
Musee D'Orsay
Notre Dame
Musee D'Orsay
My second day started with a stroll past the Notre Dame and through one of my favorite islands, Ile Saint- Louis.   This little island is located just behind the Notre Dame and has the best ice cream in Paris!

gardens behind the Notre Dame
bridge over the Seine connecting Ile de la Cite and Ile St-Louis (just behind the Notre Dame)
I then made my way to Le Marais, where I spent the rest of my day.  This is one of the oldest parts of Paris and it is absolutely beautiful.  The area had a quaint, small town feel with narrow winding streets bustling with pedestrians.  And, if you love local boutiques - which I do - then this is a must visit!  There were local boutiques around every twist and turn on every street!   This area looks just like what I would imagine when people would talk about Paris.  This was my first time visiting Le Marais and it is now my absolute fave!  



My stay in Paris ended this evening with a stroll past the Eiffel Tower, just in time to see it light up in all its glory!






Until next time...

XOXO

Suzanne








No comments:

Post a Comment